What is Dr. Yan’s Traditional Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Back to 200 years ago, in the Forbidden City, the Queen and concubines were trying very hard to keep their looks and stay young. Imperial doctors applied acupuncture to bring healthy color to the face and prevent aging. Their successful experience was recorded in <Secrete Royal Classics of Qin Dynasty>.
Dr. Yan studied the ancient experience and combined them with modern science such as Human Anatomy, Neurology and Dermatology. She started to practice Cosmetic Acupuncture in 1994 when she was practicing acupuncture and Chinese herbs in China. She combined Chinese facial massage, acupuncture and herbs to help to relieve wrinkles, acnes and bring radiance to the face.
When she came to Canada, she attended a course with Ms. Virginia Doran, an expert in facial rejuvenation acupuncture in the States and got a certificate from her. Hence, Dr. Yan formed her own facial rejuvenation style of integration of east and west, ancient and modern.
Dr. Yan’s Traditional Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture includes:
- Unique facial pulling and lifting techniques
- Facial acupuncture
- Chinese Herbs (if necessary)
- Addressing of related health issues (dermatology, gynecology and more…)
What is the Difference between Dr. Yan’s Facial Rejuvenation and Others?
- Dr. Yan focuses on both muscles and nerves
- Dr. Yan address both external appearance and internal balance
- You will start to see the result within 3 times of treatment and the result becomes obvious and stays after 6 times
- You can get benefits in different ages
- You can expect improvements in hormonal balancing, constipation, stress and energy in addition to the younger look
Benefits of a Traditional Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture Series
- Improves muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Increases collagen production and has an effect on its dispersal
- Helps to eliminate and reduce bags under the eyes, and decreases the tendency toward sagging and jowls
- Helps to eliminate puffiness by improving metabolism and thus eliminating excess fluids
- Helps to eliminate fine lines of the face and prevent new lines
- Improves hormonal balance; thus, even those with hormonal acne can benefit
- Moisturizes the skin by the increased local circulation of blood and lymph to the face
- Improves facial color by the increase of peripheral circulation
- Tightens the pores
- Brightens the eyes
- Helps to lift drooping eyelids
- Reduces stress evident in the face
- Promotes overall health and well being
- Brings out a person’s innate beauty and radiance
- Slows the aging process, from within
- Benefits the eyes, ears, sinuses, thyroid, and brain.
Contraindications for Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Problems with bleeding
- Taking blood thinners
- Problems with bruising
- Former cosmetic surgery
- Some pituitary disorders
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Serious health conditions such as cancer, AIDS, coronary heart disease, seizures, acute hepatitis
- Ulcerated, irritated or bruised skin
- Acute herpes outbreaks
- Acute allergic reactions